Monday, March 11, 2013

trying

Receiving two delicious compliments in a single day: someone who knew her compared me in conversation to my favorite Brethren "saint," Anna Mow, and someone else said to me at the sanctuary door after worship, "The more I get to know you, the better I like you." What a lovely thing to say - I must remember it so I can compliment someone else with it.

Sitting on my patio listening to squirrels run through the brush behind me, feeling the weak spring sunshine trying valiantly to warm my face, watching bare tree branches cast their shifting shadows across the house as they wave in the March wind.

Our Lenten evening worship - candles, silence, conversation, art, and prayer. I was so into the contemplation last night that I totally neglected to click through the slides, forcing Jeff to both click AND strum guitar on the last hymn. Oops. It's just that good, y'all.

2 comments:

Dee said...

I absolutely love the way you write. You have a wonderful way with words... ' feeling the weak sunshine trying to valiantly warm my face... bare tree branches cast their shifting shadows across the house as they wave in the March wind.' I think those are brilliant descriptions. I'm writing a book and I have to work hard at expressing myself that way. It seems to come so natural for you... good job.
beneaththeelmtree.blogspot.com

maha ghazi said...

شيخة اماراتية