Monday, June 18, 2012

dad's day

the caribbean coffee currently in my kitchen, youth preaching the sermon on the mount loudly and in public on the front stoop of the church, commissioning two dozen workcampers for service this summer, a tiny jr. high head peeking around his dad at the end of the pew to grin and laugh at me across the aisle, driving southward, roadtrip companions, laughing with my fam, steak and goat cheese and corn on the cob and fresh fruit, and my DAD - goofy, loyal, generous, solid as a rock.

3 comments:

covnitkepr1 said...

The invitation from your previous post is always open.

Philip Scriber said...

Hello! Mike Morrell and I really appreciate your blog, and think you'd be an excellent candidate for our Speakeasy Blogger Network. Do you like to review off-the-beaten path faith, spirituality, and culture books? Speakeasy puts interesting books in your hands at no charge to you. You only get books when you request them, and it's free to join. Sign up here, if you'd like: http://thespeakeasy.info

You're not on any contact lists, I promise; if you don't respond, that's it, and the invitation is open as long as you're actively blogging. Hope you join us!

Coins Jhons said...

I like your website, Excellent efforts. i find unique content here.

Patriotic Lapel Pins