Monday, August 23, 2010

28.

happy birthday serenades at midnight from bekah and ben, waking up to an inbox full of love, quality coffee, mumford and sons accompanying me to giles county, celebratory calls from some of my favorite ladies, slipping up mudslides and stomping through the creek at the cascades, a short fat snake slithering across my path, dozens of butterflies flitting through the woods, slipping back through the geological ages and watching the mountains be formed and then crash down, annie dillard's weasel essay shaping my life, the creek's roar clearing my ears and my head, cheerwine and a moonpie, lavender soap, peach wine on the back porch, honeysuckle growing on the back bank, and 28 years of attempts at choosing the given with a fierce and pointed will.





No comments: