Friday, June 11, 2010

darkness drains and light will come again

the overgrown lilies lining my sidewalk, beth(any)'s ability to motivate me even from across the country, the perfectly brewed cup of coffee, exceeding my own work expectations, cal's day o' awesome links, all my scrabble opponents returning from greece and paris and the bahamas and hungary to resume our word battles, creating one awesome pasta dinner from local log-grown shiitake mushrooms, president bartlet standing in the national cathedral cursing God in Latin, fireflies overtaking my front yard and lighting up the dusk - a forgotton childhood portal into so many magical worlds, the unending give and take of hurt and reconciliation, and Ingrid:


1 comment:

-j. said...

dylan was "singing" along with this song. you would have enjoyed it.