Sunday, May 09, 2010

rejoice and be glad

sleeping for 12 entire hours, hearing the birds sing and learning their daily schedule (5am - 3pm, generally, in these parts), ogle corroborating erin's love story, the pretty dress i've been eyeing since march finally going on sale, the beatitudes, invitations to weddings for good and beautiful people, Eva Grace's first year of life changing so many people's posture in the world (she made people into mothers and fathers and grandparents and aunts and uncles and great-grandparents and great-uncles and second cousins, and also just brought a huge dose of beauty and love into the universe), ladybug birthday cake, Trisha and Kenneth's house - tucked cozily into the mountains and (I suddenly realize) the only home-place that's stayed the same since my childhood, Jen's kids laughing and whining and speaking crazy sentences and tugging on my hand to go explore the yard, an empty saturday evening quickly filled with calls from my sister and Beth(any) and Jess, and all these people who tether me gently to earth - and to myself.

No comments: