Monday, October 26, 2009

though the mountains be shaken

sitting in the front window at mill mountain with the autumn sunshine pouring in on me, reading the news of the world for the first time in weeks (hey, healthcare! gubernatorial elections! balloon boy...?), sunday afternoon naps, finally sitting down to write and being unable to stop the words from pouring out, buying a wine glass and a corkscrew in order to drink some pinot, mad men, john j rogers, a fine frenzy, and Isaiah 54:

The LORD will call you back 
       as if you were a wife deserted and distressed in spirit— 
       a wife who married young, 
       only to be rejected," says your God.

 7 "For a brief moment I abandoned you, 
       but with deep compassion I will bring you back.

 8 In a surge of anger 
       I hid my face from you for a moment, 
       but with everlasting kindness 
       I will have compassion on you," 
       says the LORD your Redeemer.

 9 "To me this is like the days of Noah, 
       when I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth. 
       So now I have sworn not to be angry with you, 
       never to rebuke you again.

 10 Though the mountains be shaken 
       and the hills be removed, 
       yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken 
       nor my covenant of peace be removed," 
       says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

No comments: