Sunday, October 25, 2009

locavore...

waking up in my own bed (this makes the list every time it happens, lately, since it's so statistically unlikely...), cathartic cleaning, fresh bread and local apples at the salem farmer's market, grocery shopping, milk from the blue ridge mountains, the mountains at their fiery autumn peak, working together in the FCoB kitchen (that practice, repeated over and over together through time, has formed in me some simple root of a theology of service and community...), a room full of people who know and love my mom, chocolate fountains, my mom's 50 years of life and the graceful ways she is STILL growing into herself.

1 comment:

Sara Pugh said...

Hold on! Nobody told me about chocolate fountains! I would have figured out a way and canceled church stuff for a chocolate fountain!